Breaking

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kanye West complains over ranking 7th on MTV Best Rappers list

                                   Kanye West complains over ranking 7th on MTV Best Rappers list
Kanye West called radio station Hot 97 to complain after he only made No.7 on MTV's list of Hottest MCs in the Game.

Despite having a self-imposed media blackout, Kanye broke it in order to speak to DJ Enuff, and claim that part of the reason he scored so low was due to his celebrity girlfriend and designer clothes.
"To me, I feel like in order for them to put me as No.7, they had to bring up things that they didn't like," Kanye said. "Like they didn't like the Cruel Summer album, and I'm like, 'That's just [a] compilation — it ain't all rappers on G.O.O.D. Music.'"I mean, Cruel Summer got '[I] Don't Like' remix, 'Mercy,' 'Cold,' 'New God Flow,' oh and 'Clique'! You can't name five records like that on no album. But they wanna dis me, and be like, 'He did Cruel Summer, and he can't say he ain't part of it 'cause he did eight records. ... Ain't nobody bringing up that [Rihanna] 'Diamonds' remix verse, like there was no verse in a year that was f---in' with that verse!"

Kanye continued his bizarre rant, saying, "I don't know, it's definitely not based on a body of work. It possibly could just be like overall rap-MC-swag, you know what I'm saying? Sean is a great rapper, period; it checks all the boxes."What happens is with these types of things ... as soon as you come in like, I had the pink Polo and the backpack, then I'm checking all the boxes of that Tribe Called Quest era and J Dilla and all that, So they wanna champion it. They don't like 'Givenchy Kanye,' they don't like Kanye in a kilt, they don't like Kanye in a relationship."


Kanye West blames his 'Givenchy' dress sense for No.7 ranking

He also revealed an odd association with Sway, claiming that he gave the rapper his first TV.
"I was getting a new TV and I gave Sway his first TV," he said, adding, just before the phone went dead, "I didn't want to even call to talk about this No.7 list, I just wanted to tell everybody I gave Sway his first TV — and he need to remember that."
The top five MCs on the MTV countdown are yet to be announced.

Ridiculous rappers: the pictures they all want to forget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *