Breaking

Monday, June 9, 2014

Mandzukic confirms Bayern exit

\

                Mandzukic confirms Bayern exit

Mandzukic confirms Bayern Munich exit after failing to adapt to Pep Guardiola's methods.
Posted: 9 June 2014 Time: 08:36 am

Mario Mandzukic has confirmed he will be leaving Bayern Munich after struggling to make an impact under coach Pep Guardiola this past season.
The Croatia striker, who was a regular under Guardiola's predecessor Jupp Heynckes, has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs, including Chelsea.
"At Bayern it was fantastic. It's a fantastic club. Indeed, until recently I didn't even think about leaving, and especially that it would happen now," Mandzukic told Sportske novosti.
"Let's be honest, the style Guardiola wants at Bayern doesn't suit me.
"In the first leg against Real in Madrid (in the Champions League), I definitely understood, no matter how much I try, I can't get the best out of myself with this style.
"When it's like that, I don't feel good and it's best for everyone that we part.
"Thanks to the club who offered a contract extension, thanks to Guardiola, who is a great coach, and I wish everyone all the best for the future.
"Bayern and their fans will always be the most beautiful and most emotional story of my career. The time has come for new challenges."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *